NEW YORK (NEWS10) — It was an incredible sight to see in New York City on Tuesday. The Navy Blue Angels and Air Force Thunderbirds performed a flyover against bright blue skies.
The coordinated flyover honored first responders on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic. The team also flew over parts of New Jersey and Philadelphia.
People were encouraged to watch from their yards and porches and to avoid public gatherings.
Earlier in the month, the Thunderbireds flew over Las Vegas and Colorado to honor essential workers there.
- Albany County coronavirus update
- 12/5/2020: Nor’easter is a near miss for NY, but New England gets hammered
- NYS warns of scammers posing as state or federal agencies
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic
- Scene from ‘Elf’ comes to life as Buddy meets dad in Boston