ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The barriers near the New York State Museum will remain in place for now. On Sunday, October 17, a piece of the museum’s façade fell off the building and onto the Madison Avenue sidewalk.
State officials said emergency contractors and other staff have been working the museum all week to ensure panels around the one that fell are secure.
No word on when the barriers on the sidewalk will be removed.
- Downtown Albany Hot Chocolate Stroll is this Saturday, December 11
- Josh Duggar trial: Defense rests, prosecution hammers expert witness
- 1 year since first person in world received COVID-19 vaccine
- NYSP: 1 dead, 2 hospitalized after fatal crash in Dannemora
- Albany Water Department smoke testing sewer lines in Eagle Hill neighborhood