The Post says Cuomo’s top aides called Hochul to tell her in January that she would not be his running mate when he ran for another term. A source told the post there was concern about diversity on the ticket.
Hochul has recently picked up major support as she plans to run for reelection. The state’s Democratic Party Chair Jay Jacobs endorsed Hochul earlier this week. A slew of Democratic Senators and Congress- and Assemblymembers have already cast their support behind Hochul.
More from NEWS10:
- National Day of the Deployed: Recognizing those who serve
- Protest against vaccine mandate for city workers storms Brooklyn Bridge
- Massachusetts COVID-19 Weekend Report: 20 new deaths, 3,173 new cases
- More than $1.5M awarded for projects to protect communities along Hudson River
- At Vermont statehouse, a renewed call for mask mandate, state of emergency