(WSYR-TV) — New York Assembly Minority Leader Will Barclay has tested positive for COVID-19.
Republican Barclay announced the positive test in a statement on Monday night.
Barclay had taken the test as a “precautionary measure.”
Read the full statement below:
“As a precautionary measure, I took a COVID-19 test today. Regrettably, I have tested positive for the virus. Out of an abundance of caution, I feel it important to inform the members of the community and my colleagues.
In recent days, I have had little to no activity outside of my home, and have not traveled outside the region since returning from a trip to Albany early last week. Since the start of the outbreak, I have taken social-distancing guidelines and prevention protocols very seriously, and I encourage others to continue to do so.
I’m optimistic for a quick turnaround in the near future.”
- Holiday travel results in higher gas prices, but still low compared to 2019
- McRib returns this week: McDonald’s fan-fave back for 1st time in 8 years
- Gov. Scott wants Vermonters to “light the way” this holiday season
- Master it with Mary: DIY advent calendar
- Moderna asking US, European regulators to OK its virus shots