QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Adirondack Welcome Center south of Northway exit 18 is more than just a rest stop. It also houses a boat wash station, where boaters can get their vessels checked for invasive species before hitting the water.
On Wednesday, New York DEC officials showed off how the station works, and talked about why it’s important to keep invasive plant species out of Adirondack water bodies.
- TIMELINE: Omicron variant of COVID-19
- Pulteney woman sentenced 15 years to life for fatally shooting husband
- Warren County businesses ace underage alcohol sting
- COVID hospitalizations up 52% in two weeks in Warren County update
- NYS legislation creates Young Adult CDL program to address truck driver shortage