QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Adirondack Welcome Center south of Northway exit 18 is more than just a rest stop. It also houses a boat wash station, where boaters can get their vessels checked for invasive species before hitting the water.
On Wednesday, New York DEC officials showed off how the station works, and talked about why it’s important to keep invasive plant species out of Adirondack water bodies.
- Cuomo signs legislation allowing online and in-person instruction and examination of election workers
- Grandpa’s text messages about dying alone go viral on TikTok
- Rough day for stars Simone Biles, Naomi Osaka at Olympics
- Sharks cram into Florida canals to avoid red tide, experts say
- Newsfeed Now: VA mandates COVID-19 vaccines for health care workers; Simone Biles out of Olympic gymnastics team finals due to medical issue