QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Adirondack Welcome Center south of Northway exit 18 is more than just a rest stop. It also houses a boat wash station, where boaters can get their vessels checked for invasive species before hitting the water.
On Wednesday, New York DEC officials showed off how the station works, and talked about why it’s important to keep invasive plant species out of Adirondack water bodies.
- COVID-19 vaccine distribution updates by county
- Budget expert weighs in on what to keep an eye on during state budget presentation
- Cuomo: COVID-19 numbers trending down, mutating strains cause for concern
- Garth Brooks: Performing at Biden inauguration ‘not a political statement’
- Coronasomnia: What is it and how to combat it