BUFFALO, N.Y. — State leaders took steps to address the issue of PTSD facing local veterans, law enforcement and first responders Monday.
A roundtable discussion was held, hoping to make the problem of post traumatic stress disorder a priority. Organizers also hope to create legislation to make the division of veteran’s services its own independent state agency.
State leaders say first responders and veterans have been through a lot during the pandemic. New York State currently has one million veterans, and this legislation would help them and their families.
New on WIVB.com
- 5 things to know this Friday, January 21
- 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: How Long Should You Take To Return Tupperware to a Neighbor?
- 1/21/2022: Another deep freeze settles in
- Peloton CEO denies halting production, blames ‘leaker’ for rumors
- Poestenkill Fire Dept hosting Community Blood Drive on January 25