WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — The line to vote was out the door at 6 a.m. at Stone Presbyterian Church.
Although many have already cast their vote through early voting or absentee ballots, many more in the city of Watertown will vote in person today. North Country voters, including mothers, U.S. Army Veterans, and first-time voters expressed their viewpoints and the importance of participating in all elections.
Several shared their hopes for the next presidential term, as well as hopes for local politicians. In the North Country, presidential candidates are not the only names on the ballot. In Jefferson County, residents are voting for congressional candidates, senators and members of the New York State Assembly.
The polls across New York, including the Stone Presbyterian Church, will close at 9 p.m.
Watch full statements from North Country voters in the video footage above.
More From Your Local Election Headquarters
- Basketball coach launches campaign to help local businesses
- Bills OC Brian Daboll focused on Chiefs in AFC title game and not his future beyond this season
- Bucs with BA: Arians sets stage for Buccaneers-Packers showdown in NFC Championship
- Schodack CSD sets up memorial for student killed in double murder-suicide
- Bills prepare for both Chiefs QBs with Patrick Mahomes status up in the air