*This story has been updated to reflect the newest information from New York State Police.
PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. (WWTI) — Authorities are reporting an arrest following an investigation regarding methamphetamine manufacturing.
New York State Police have confirmed the arrest of Shawn J. Burnell, 31, of Plattsburgh after he was found to possess materials used to make methamphetamine. Burnell was also found to possess a quantity of methamphetamine.
According to State Police, the arrest was made following an investigation after reports of methamphetamine being manufactured at a residence in Plattsburgh. Reports occurred on December 27, 2020.
NYSP confirmed that Burnell was charged with one count of Manufacturing Methamphetamine in the third degree.
Burnell was arraigned virtually before the Town of Plattsburgh Court and remanded to the Clinton County Jail without bail due to previous felony convictions.
Update: In addition, State Police arrested Arthur A. Southwell Jr., 46, of Plattsburgh for one count of Criminal Possession of Methamphetamine Manufacturing Material in the Second Degree. He was released with an appearance ticket returnable to the Town of Plattsburgh Court.
- ‘Space hurricane’ spotted above Earth for first time ever
- Budget nominee Neera Tanden withdraws nomination amid opposition
- Over 100 NYC residents have UK strain of COVID; 2 with South Africa variant: DOH
- Rep. Tenney comments on Cuomo accusations
- FBI director warns of increasing threat of white extremists