LAKE LUZERNE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Hadley-Luzerne Central School District announced on Sunday that a district community member had been suspended from attending school in-person for the rest of the year. The post on the district website alleges that the person posted a threat on social media, in which they referenced plans to harm others when school resumed on Tuesday, following the Memorial Day holiday.

According to the post, made by Hadley-Luzerne School Superintendent Beecher Baker, the district had been in contact with Saratoga and Warren County’s sheriff departments, as the school includes students from both counties. The post said that appropriate action with the student would be taken on Sunday, and that the individual would not be allowed to attend school in person for the remainder of the school year. Police presence will be increased when students return to class and throughout the week.

“We would like to thank the people who ‘saw something and said something.’ It is important that we all work together as a community to help everyone feel safe. Please continue to report concerns to school administration,” Baker wrote. “If you notice that your children are experiencing increased stress or anxiety over current events, we encourage them to reach out to any school personnel for support.”

Baker said he sprung into action upon learning of the threat, and went into a crisis mode. He notified the community and ensured the student who made the threat was nowhere near campus.

Baker told NEWS10 on Tuesday that the Warren County Sheriff’s Office ultimately took on the case, and provided an extra deputy to be at the school.

“Their response was going to the home and locating the child, and whatever steps they take to ensure at that point it’s going to be a safe environment at the home and the school,” Baker said. “I’m sure some behavioral assessments were done at that point, I know that they were,” he continued.

According to Baker, the child was not arrested, but he believes probation will be involved at some point. Additionally, the school will be taking further disciplinary action.

The district stated online that the threat was taken especially seriously following the recent shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, which left 20 people dead last week. Texas Gov. Greg Abott said that the shooter in Uvalde made social media posts in advance of the shooting.