GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – City Park is adorned with banners, and the street outside the Queensbury Hotel is a bit crowded. That’s because on Friday night, the opening ceremonies will be held there for the New York State Special Olympics Falls Games.
The games are in Glens Falls on Saturday, for the first time since 2015. They were originally announced for 2020, after extensive efforts from members of the city. Those efforts were dashed by the COVID-19 pandemic, but people on both sides of the effort were happy to make that dream a reality this year.
Saturday’s games are spread across a variety of locations. SUNY Adirondack, Cole’s Woods and the Queensbury Athletics Complex are playing hosts to games like golf, soccer, running and bocce. See the full schedule online.
In this week’s North Country Report:
See a gallery of new art on the streets of Glens Falls, dotting the map for the city’s new arts trail project. Art on electrical boxes through the city will be joined by sidewalk stamps and banners connecting artists and museums.
City Park isn’t getting a break this month. Next weekend, it will be the site of the city’s 2021 Boo2You celebration. Kids can come and celebrate Halloween a day early, and trick-or-treat in the park with candy provided by The Candy Space in Lake George.
A North Country Weekend Calendar that reminds us that fall is here to stay for now, with celebrations of all shapes and sizes.
- Water main break causes boil water advisory in Gloversville, Kingsboro Ave and East 11 Ave closed
- Upcoming Emergency No Parking Restrictions in Albany, December 7
- Chevy Chase takes drive-thru orders at South Carolina fast food restaurant
- Berkshire man sentenced to prison for sexually assaulting 2 children
- Broadalbin-Perth outlasts Schuylerville in four overtimes