3rd-generation owner Joq Quintal said that smaller birds, as well as raw and smoked individual turkey breasts, are outselling larger birds this Thanksgiving, as families plan smaller at-home Thanksgiving celebrations due to COVID-19.
The local smokehouse gets their turkeys from Pennsylvania-based Jaindl Farm, which raises them on a vegan diet. They get those turkeys on a call-ahead basis, meaning nobody is going to arrive at the smokehouse only to be disappointed.
The meat vending machine outside of Oscar’s has also continued to be a popular option for after-hours shoppers in need of some bacon or smoked cheese.
Also in this week’s North Country Report:
- Albany Firewolves growing the game in the community
- Malik Evans defeats Lovely Warren in Democratic primary for Rochester mayor
- ‘I fought a good fight’: Rev. Valerie Faust falls short in Albany democratic mayoral primary
- India Walton unofficially beats 4-term Buffalo mayor Byron Brown in Democratic primary; on track to be Buffalo’s first female mayor
- Rob Milby defeats Steve MacNeal in primary for Wayne County Sheriff