LAKE GEORGE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Village businesses rely on traffic in February from the annual Lake George Winter Carnival. Given that the 2021 event was called off due to COVID-19, village businesses and area chambers of commerce have banded together to create a coronavirus-safe replacement.
The Lake George WinterFest will give participants the chance to get 10% off at village restaurants, and 15% at hotels. So far, around 20 hotels and 30 restaurants are participating. The purchase of a wristband will get visitors those discounts, as well as a chance to enjoy snowmobiling, mountain biking and more outdoor activities.
Wristbands will be availible starting Jan. 11 at http://lakegeorgechamber.com/.
Also in this week’s North Country Report:
- Massachusetts man gets max sentence over Biden bale burner in the Berkshires
- RPI mandates student vaccinations, other colleges consider requirement
- Albany county COVID update, April 22
- Green shoppers welcome: Lake George outlet mall unveils electric car charging stations
- Report: Varied improvement seen in N.Y.’s air quality