GRANVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Shirley McKernon, a resident of Granville Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing, hit the big three digits on Friday with her 100th birthday. Social distancing made celebration plans harder, but still possible, and resulted in a parade starting at Granville Elementary School.
The event was bigger than just one resident, though. Families joined the parade with signs in their cars saying hello to family members watching from the center.
Shirley is the second in the family to hit that 100-year goal; her father made it to 100 before her.
Also in this week’s North Country Report:
- North Country to see noise, traffic increase as Fort Drum executes Mountain Peak
- Free, online happiness class is most popular at Yale, especially during pandemic
- Buffalo firearms instructor receives sentencing following falsifying firearms safety training course
- Dunkin’ donates $30K to Albany Med children’s hospital
- Saratoga Motorcar Auction raises $3.7 million for museum