CHESTERTOWN, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Chestertown local Tez Stienberg made his landing at Kaneohe Yacht Club in Hawaii on Sept. 11.
That completed a 71-day paddle boat voyage from California to Hawaii as a fundraiser for United World Challenge, to raise funds for scholarships for United World colleges.
Stienberg is the first person to successfully paddle the trip on their first attempt.
Also in this week’s North Country Report:
- Social Dilemma-Does a celebrity endorsement for a politician sway your vote?
- 10/30/2020: It’s the first snow of the season
- Master it with Mary: Three last-minute DIY Halloween decorations
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season