SPRINGFIELD, M.A. (NEWS10) – A North Adams man has received a 60-year prison sentence after pleading guilty to numerous child exploitation offences. Anthony Deordio, 46, used a minor victim to produce child pornography in late 2017.
He was identified by investigators after the video was recovered in another jurisdiction.
The charges Deordio pled guilty to are as follows:
- One count of sexual exploitation of a minor
- Three counts of advertising child pornography
- Two counts of distribution of child pornography
- Two counts of transportation of child pornography
- One count of receipt of child pornography
- One count of possession of child pornography.
He was also convicted of:
- Offering to sell child pornography on the internet
- Distributing child pornography over the internet
- Receiving and possessing child pornography
Deordio, who was previously convicted of possession of child pornography in 2006, is also subject to a lifetime of supervised release following his sentence.
The case is brought as part of Project Safe Childhood. In 2006, the Department of Justice created Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative designed to protect children from exploitation and abuse.
Led by the U.S. Attorneys’ Offices and the DOJ’s Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section, Project Safe Childhood marshals federal, state, and local resources to locate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals who exploit children, as well as identity and rescue victims. More information about Project Safe Childhood can be found online.