(IWWLP) — The Powerball jackpot was at $388 million ahead of Wednesday night’s drawing, and there were no lottery winners yet again. That means the next drawing, set for Saturday night, will have a grand prize that’s even higher: $409 million.
It’s the largest jackpot since January 20, when a $731 million prize was claimed in Maryland. Tickets are being sold until 10:45 p.m. and lottery retailers are reminding the public you can’t win if you don’t play.
“If I win first thing I will do is sit down, relax and put it in a safe place in a very secure bank and start thinking about what is the best way to go,” said Jorge Nunez.
Tickets are $2 per ticket and drawings for the Powerball are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
More from NEWS10
- New York docs ‘very excited’ about Pfizer vaccines for 5-year-olds on up
- ‘Scared to death’ Vermont advocates rally for emergency housing
- 11 state landmarks to be lit purple, blue, red, and pink for annual #BeKind21 Campaign
- How do New York parents feel about the 2021-2022 school year?
- Where different religions stand on COVID vaccination exemptions