TROY, N.Y. (WTEN) – Work is underway to get the South Troy Pool open this summer, though there is sill not an exact timeline on when that will happen.
Along with the required inspections and enhanced safety measures required after the coronavirus outbreak, enough staff to safely operate the facility must be hired.
Troy’s Mayor’s Office has issued the following statement:
“The City is working with the project contractor on final commissioning of the South Troy pool, including scheduling of required inspections by the County Health Department. In the meantime, we are working on necessary documents for the safe operation of the pool so that it will be ready to open this summer. However, reopening will depend on hiring sufficient staff to oversee and operate the facility.
As we begin a safe return to normal operations during COVID-19, design work on the Knickerbacker Pool will continue as indicated during the 2020 budget process.”Troy Mayor’s Office
The pool has been closed since the summer of 2017 when an engineering report detailed how much would be needed to repair the facility.
- Flyer: Not allowed on AA flight because my mask was see-through
- Local businesses: extended restaurant & bar curfew is a positive step, but can only go so far
- 4/18/21: Some Sunshine Monday, then more showers
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- Two pop-up vaccination clinics scheduled in Rensselaer County