ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10)- Preliminary June unemployment rates from the New York State Department of Labor show a decrease of 1,407,400 in the private sector from 2019 to 2020.
Unemployment rates are calculated using U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) methods and answers from the 3,100 households that participate in the Current Population Survey monthly.
A payroll survey conducted by BLS, which includes 18,000 private sector employers in the state, showed a seasonally adjusted increase of 4.5% in June 2020 to 6,894,200. New York’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rose from 14.5% to 15.7%.
County unemployment rates
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes