BEVERLY HILLS, CA. (NEWS10) — Seven New York-based productions won nine awards during the 2020 Golden Globe Awards Sunday night.
New Yorkers were recognized for individual acting awards, best television series and best original score in a number of categories.
“Congratulations to the 2020 New York-based Golden Globe winners on their achievements and creative contributions to the industry this year,” said Empire State Development Acting Commissioner and President & CEO-designate Eric Gertler. “Their work reflects the Empire State’s thriving entertainment industry that is generating billions in spending, hundreds of thousands of new hires and creating opportunity not just for film and television productions but for all New Yorkers.”
An estimated $285,000,000 were generated by those winning productions and about 13,300 people were employed and involved in the creation of those products, according to the Empire State Development, New York’s primary economic development company.
Listed below are the 2020 Golden Globe Award Winners who participated in the New York Film Tax Credit Program:
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Russell Crowe (“The Loudest Voice”)
- Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Michelle Williams (“Fosse/Verdon”)
- Best Original Score – Motion Picture: Hildur Guðnadóttir (“Joker”)
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy: Ramy Youssef (“Ramy”)
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama: Brian Cox (“Succession”)
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role in Any Motion Picture: Laura Dern (“Marriage Story”) *
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama: Joaquin Phoenix (“Joker”)
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy: Awkwafina (“The Farewell”)
- Best Television Series – Drama: “Succession” (HBO)