ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A New York state police union has endorsed Donald Trump for President of the United States. The Albany-based New York State Law Enforcement Officers Union Council 82, which represents over 3,500 law enforcement officials, endorsed the President on Tuesday.
In a statement, the union claims to recognize President Trump’s “strong and unwavering support for law enforcement at a time when many politicians are either afraid or unwilling to do so,” and when their fellow citizens “vilify” and even “try to harm” them.
The union president goes on to praise Trump’s accomplishments, which it says includes: igniting historic economic growth, negotiating better trade deals and reinvigorating the energy sector.
This isn’t the first time President Trump has attracted endorsements from law enforcement. The National Association of Police Organizations tweeted their support in July, and the President of the New York State Troopers Benevolent Association endorsed him on Monday.
The full press release from the New York State Law Enforcement Officers Union Council 82 can be viewed below.
More local election coverage: Your Local Election Headquarters
- Mechanicville City School District preparing for possibility of yellow zone
- “We’ve tested our players over 600 times and have had 2 positives” Jim Boeheim post-game following win over Niagara
- Guerrier and Richmond help power Syracuse to blowout win over Niagara
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- Police: Troy man arrested after thefts from 5 construction sites