The gravestone of suffragist Susan B. Anthony, located at Mount Hope Cemetery in Rochester, is already covered in “I Voted Today!” stickers, but they aren’t exactly on the monument itself.
New this year is a plastic shield covering the gravestone to protect it from damage caused by hundreds of stickers put on it during election season. Some voters were stopping by to pay their respects and take a quick photo.
The women’s rights activist, who called Rochester home, was instrumental in fighting for women’s right to vote.
More From Your Local Election Headquarters
- More than half of NY adults have received at least one dose of a COVID vaccine
- 98.3 TRY Social Dilemma: Would Call Out Someone You Saw Shoplifting An Orange?
- 16-year-old killed after being hit by a car while crossing Central Ave
- Transitions USA giving teens with autism and learning differences the tools to succeed
- City of Albany officially moves property tax payment deadline