NEW YORK (AP) — The United States now leads the world in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases.
According to a running count by Johns Hopkins University, the number of people infected in the U.S. topped 82,000 on Thursday. That’s just ahead of the 81,000 cases in China and 80,000 in Italy.
Italy has the most confirmed deaths of any country with more than 8,000. More than 1,000 people have died in the U.S.
- Local football coach turns a painting into 150 meals for local hospitals and first responders
- ECHL players braving job loss due to COVID-19
- Local funeral home using technology during social distancing
- Northville restaurant opened right before coronavirus shutdown orders
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge