NEW YORK (NEWS10) — New York Attorney General Letitia James is suing the Trump Administration for threatening to deport international college students if they are not taking classes on campus in the fall.
James said the decision could impact more than 1 million students at colleges around the state.
The lawsuit is aiming to not allow President Donald Trump to reverse a March decision, which provided a waiver for international students so they could finish their studies even though all classes were remote.
The Trump Administration said they are looking at providing as much flexibility as possible because over 25 percent of some schools’ budgets come from international students.
- UAlbany football prepping for unprecedented season
- Siena’s February 3rd game vs. Niagara postponed
- UAlbany men’s basketball on pause following presumptive positive test
- With frigid temperatures, property owners are being told to prepare
- Students plan 44th Annual South High Marathon Dance: Asking for public’s input