CLEVELAND (NEXSTAR/WJW) — It would be quite a start to the new year to collect on one of the giant lottery jackpots up for grabs.
With no grand prize winner for several weeks, the Mega Millions and Powerball jackpots have continued to grow.
The Mega Millions jackpot has climbed to $432 million. It would be the 10th biggest jackpot in its history if won and the largest since June 2019. Its next drawing is Tuesday night.
The Powerball jackpot is up to $410 million, its highest jackpot since March 2019, when a $768.4 million jackpot was won in Wisconsin. Its next drawing is Wednesday night.
The odds of a single ticket winning either jackpot are long—1 in 302 million for Mega Millions and 1 in 293 million for Powerball. The overall chance of winning any prize is 1 in 24.87.
- 1/24/21: Chill Continues Monday, Snow Arrives Tuesday
- Growing number of GOP senators oppose impeachment trial
- Mitch Morse returns to Arrowhead Stadium for the first time since signing with the Bills
- New York State continues administering COVID-19 vaccine as it arrives
- Bennington community mourns loss of 26-year-old woman