DES MOINES, Iowa (NewsNation Now) — No winners claimed the eighth-largest jackpot in U.S. history Tuesday night, raising the Mega Millions prize up to $750 million.
The next winning numbers for the Mega Millions jackpot will be drawn Friday at 11 p.m.
Thanks to months without a winner of the big prize, Tuesday night’s Mega Millions jackpot was $625 million, the largest lottery prize in nearly two years. The big prize for Powerball, the other national lottery game, isn’t far behind, at $550 million for Wednesday night’s drawing.
The winning numbers in Tuesday night’s drawing of the Mega Millions game were: 12-14-26-28-33, Mega Ball: 09.
The jackpots promoted by lotteries refer to the winnings of those who opt for annuities paid out over 30 years. Nearly all jackpot winners actually take the cash option, which would be an estimated $550.6 million for Friday’s Mega Millions and $411.4 million for Wednesday’s Powerball.
Those dreaming of instant riches might want to remember that the odds of winning Powerball are one in 292.2 million. They’re even steeper for Mega Millions, at one in 302.5 million.
Mega Millions and Powerball are both played in 45 states as well as Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Powerball also is offered in Puerto Rico.
- Joe Girard and Buddy Boeheim ‘almost 100%’ after positive COVID-19 result
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- NYS Federation announces cancellation of 2021 boys and girls Federation Basketball Tournament of Champions
- New equipment aids in recovery efforts at Siena
- Joe Girard and Buddy Boeheim “Almost 100%” after positive COVID result