(WIAT) — Christmas came early for Mariah Carey. For the first time, “All I Want for Christmas is You” is number on the Billboards Hot 100 list.
Carey’s album “Merry Christmas” hit the shelves back in 1994. Since then, the highest any of her Christmas songs have been to the top of the list was back in Dec. 2017, where the same song was ranked third.
Carey isn’t the only one celebrating this achievement. Fans of the singer are showing their support over on Twitter.
This is only the second holiday-themed song to take the crown for the Hot 100 list. The first song to have the No. 1 spot was “The Chipmunk Song” by Alvin & the Chipmunks back in 1968.
As for Carey, this marks her 19th song to place first on the list. The last time she made it to the top was back in 2008 with her song “Touch My Body.” With this latest achievement, she is now one song away from tying with the Beatles for most No. 1 songs on the list.
What’s your favorite song from her “Merry Christmas” album? Is there another holiday song you’d love to see at the top of the Hot 100 list? Let me know on Twitter: @NickErebia.
- Rensselaer Co. coronavirus update March 3
- Limited visitation to begin at some area hospitals on March 8
- ‘Our defense was the difference tonight:’ Jim Boeheim following win over Clemson
- US declined to prosecute Trump transport chief after inspector general review
- ‘To New Yorkers, I’m saying that I’m embarrassed by what happened’: Governor Cuomo addresses harassment claims