(CNN Newsource) – Texas Southern University is offering a full scholarship to George Floyd’s 6-year-old daughter Gianna.
She is the little girl whose words “My daddy changed the world” have been heard around the globe.
The school announced Gianna’s scholarship on Tuesday, the same day her father was laid to rest.
George Floyd was born in North Carolina and grew up in Houston – later moving to Minneapolis, where he died on May 25 while being detained by police.
Floyd graduated from Jack Yates High School which was located right across the street from TSU.
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away
- Social Dilemma – Does your sweetie have to be your best friend?
- Giving on 10: Highlighting Carr Hardware
- 5 questions we have ahead of Thursday’s final Trump-Biden debate
- 10/22/2020: Slightly cooler and drier today