Child scalded after garden hose left in direct sunlight

National
hose_1528159885728_44476222_ver1.0_640_360_1528203392724.jpg

A child in Las Vegas was scalded after being sprayed by a garden hose that had been left in direct sunlight.

“Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees,” Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said on Twitter.

The Las Vegas agency recommended letting the water flow a few minutes to cool before spraying on people on animals.

With the summer months quickly upon us, it’s good advice to remember here.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download our news app

Get it on Google Play