(CNN) — Every July 11, Americans raise a glass to National Mojito Day.
The mojito is a traditional Cuban highball and is perhaps the most famous of rum-based highballs.
A highball is a drink with more mixer than alcohol.
The classic cocktail consists of just five ingredients white rum, sugar, lime juice, sparkling water, and mint.
The mojito is said to have originated in Havana and was a favorite drink of Ernest Hemingway.
Whether that is actually true or not, the mojito is a cool, refreshing summer drink with fresh, simple ingredients.
- UAlbany football prepping for unprecedented season
- Siena’s February 3rd game vs. Niagara postponed
- UAlbany men’s basketball on pause following presumptive positive test
- With frigid temperatures, property owners are being told to prepare
- Students plan 44th Annual South High Marathon Dance: Asking for public’s input