PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. (WWTI/NEWS10) – On Thursday, around 11:35 p.m., State Police attempted to stop two fleeting motorcycles traveling on Commodore Thomas Macdonough highway, in the town of Plattsburg for multiple vehicles and traffic violations.
One of the motorcycles drove at the trooper’s patrol car and struck the driver’s side door Police said this resulted in a minor injury to the trooper and damage to the patrol car.
Both motorcycles then fled the scene at high speeds Police said Troopers then located the suspects a shorter time later traveling about 100 mph northbound on State Route 9, in Champlain.
A pursuit was then ensued but ended when both motorcycles entered Vermont from Rouses Point.
This incident remains under investigation as Police seek the identities of both operators. Those with information are asked to contact NYSP at 518-873-2750.
More from NEWS10:
- Hochul signs legislation ensuring retirement plan for private sector employees
- Halloween spending rising after pandemic paused holiday
- Heidi Owen West: Candidate for Saratoga Springs mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- Equinox Annual Thanksgiving Community Dinner preparations underway
- Weekend lane closures in Albany, Saratoga counties