“New daily positive cases are increasing tremendously,” Montgomery County Exec. Matthew Ossenfort said. “The number of new positives on Dec. 1 was 13, Dec. 2 was 14 and then in the last two days it jumped to 24 new positive cases Dec. 3 and 39 new positive cases as of 9 a.m. this morning. Clearly, we are seeing a climb and we urge the public to be cautious, continue hand-washing and safe social distancing practices. We need to remain vigilant.”
COVID-19 cases have seen a sharp increase rising from an average of seven new cases per week to 90 new positive cases in a week as of Monday.
If anyone has a complaint regarding a business or store, they can be directed to New York Pause hotline at 1-833-789-0470.
County officials will update the public Monday at 1 p.m. via Facebook at @MontgomeryCoNY.
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- 3 things Donald Trump may do after leaving office Wednesday
- Phil Spector, music producer and convicted murderer, dies at 81
- UAlbany men’s basketball sweeps NJIT with 83-71 win Sunday
- Additional case of COVID-19 UK variant found in Westchester County; 18 cases now in New York State