PALATINE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A Montgomery County man was arrested and faces several charges after he allegedly punched a man several times in the face and placed him in a choke hold causing the victim to lose consciousness after a physical fight.
Montgomery County Sheriff’s officers said the incident happened on July 6 at 11:04 p.m. They received reports of a fight in progress on Wagner’s Hollow Rd in the Town of Palatine.
An investigation found the suspect, Theodore Nichols, 33, from Canajoharie, had been involved in a physical altercation with another male subject. Nichols left the scene prior to police arrival but was located in the area a short time later and taken into custody.
He was processed for charges of assault in the third degree and strangulation in the second degree. He was released on a uniform appearance ticket.
He is set to appear in Palatine Town Court for arraignment at a later date.
- Amsterdam taking steps to reduce lead in water system
- WATCH LIVE: Biden, Harris to make unusual campaign debut in virus era
- Bills LB A.J. Klein excited to play in Sean McDermott’s defense again
- Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan says “Not one more,” as city leaders address the ongoing gun violence
- Structure fire at fined Schoharie County summer camp