(CNN) — Former heavyweight boxing champ Mike Tyson will kick off Discovery Channel’s Shark Week by taking on a new opponent.
The network says he will square off underwater against a shark, in the name of research.
The special is billed as, “Tyson Versus Jaws: Rumble on the Reef.”
A promo shows him lifting weights, breaking a surfboard, knocking down a shark cage, and trying to blow up an inflatable raft.
There is no word on exactly how Tyson and the shark will interact or what this face-off will entail.
The network says no sharks were injured. The special airs on the first day of Shark Week: Sunday, August 9.
- Award-winning Cooper’s Cave pub to close indefinitely in Glens Falls
- While statewide coronavirus positive cases is slightly down, Cuomo reminds New Yorkers to wear a mask
- Seagram’s heiress sentencing underway in Brooklyn
- Inside look at World War II Aviation
- Deadline nears: How to submit your claim in Apple’s $500M iPhone slowdown settlement