TAMPA (WFLA) – NBA legend Michael Jordan donated $2 million to the nationwide hunger-relief charity, Feeding America.
In a statement, Jordan said the money comes from proceeds he earned from The Last Dance documentary.
“In these challenging times and in a year of unimaginable difficulty due to COVID-19, it’s more important than ever to pause and give thanks,” he said. “I am proud to be donating additional proceeds from The Last Dance to Feeding America and its member food banks in the Carolinas and Chicago to help feed America’s hungry.”
The charity encouraged others to go to FeedingAmerica.org/COVID19 to learn how to donate or volunteer this holiday season.
- Albany County coronavirus update, January 26
- Warren County looking to identify person in connection to larceny
- COVID-19 in Massachusetts: 45 new deaths, 3,477 new cases
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers
- Western Massachusetts first mass vaccination site to open in Springfield Friday