ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan, Albany Police Chief Hawkins, and Deputy Police Chief Hogan spoke about Saturday night’s events.
Mayor Sheehan extended the citywide curfew through Sunday following the riots that ensued Saturday night.
The curfew will begin at 7 p.m. Sunday.
In addition, Mayor Sheehan said a 15-year-old and 18-year-old were shot Saturday night amid the riots. No additional information has been released on their conditions at this time.
This is a developing story, additional updates will be provided as more information becomes available.
- Be a holiday hero! Local non-profit holding ‘Shark Shoe Drive’ to benefit those in need
- Albany County coronavirus update
- 12/5/2020: Nor’easter is a near miss for NY, but New England gets hammered
- NYS warns of scammers posing as state or federal agencies
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic