“We’re excited to roll out the new ‘CleanUp Troy’ mobile app, the latest in ongoing education and outreach efforts around recycling opportunities and solid waste management services in our community,” Mayor Madden Says.
Residents of Troy, who use city recycling and waste services enter their address to view their collection calendar, as well as information of resources to city recycling and waste management services.
The app features “Waste Wizard” which residents can use to search disposal methods for products and materials they may be unsure of.
“This app is a digital resource designed to help inform and engage our community on available recycling and trash collection services, putting the latest information at the fingertips of residents, businesses, and families,” Mayor Madden said.
Users can also receive push notifications, to changes in their weekly recycling and trash pickup schedule.
“I encourage all residents to download today and get connected with City Hall’s sustainability efforts,” Mayor Madden said.
As part of City’s Hall’s sustainability efforts to encourage the public to reduce, reuse, and recycle materials whenever possible. The Facebook page will provide updates on regular content regarding environmentally-conscious practices and community initiatives.
Troy residents interested in learning more about recycling and sustainability initiatives can sign up for the Recycling Matters newsletter, a monthly online publication from the City’s Department of Recycling and Resource Management. The newsletter features a monthly topic, events schedule, and community news section.
More from NEWS10
- Chatham public library host readings of local Author’s in social aspirations of today
- COVID-19 variants: What happens when we finish the Greek alphabet?
- What are fidget toys, ‘pop its’ and dough balls? Why are they so popular during the pandemic?
- Colorado school shooter sentenced to life in prison without parole, plus more than 1,200 years
- Trickle of protesters at DC rally outnumbered by media, police