BETHLEHEM, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Djeny Janvier, 45, of Canton, Massachusetts, has been arrested after the New York State Police say she stole a car. She was stopped on the Thruway after State Police received a be on the lookout for a black 2020 Jeep Cherokee stolen out of Massachusetts.
Troopers say when they pulled the vehicle over, Janvier became combative and gave police a false name. She also stated the owner of the vehicle gave her permission to use it. The owner of the Jeep said that she did not give her permission and didn’t know who Janvier was.
- Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 2nd degree (felony)
- Obstructing Governmental Administration 2nd degree (misdemeanor)
- Criminal Impersonation 2nd degree (misdemeanor)
Janvier was arraigned and released on her own recognizance and is due back in court August 24.
- New app will help with contact tracing in New York
- First-time voter? Here’s what you need to know
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- Attorneys for suspended Rochester police officers defend use of force on Daniel Prude
- High demand for flu shots as experts hope to avoid ‘twindemic’