COBLESKILL, N.Y. (NEWS10) — State Police in Cobleskill Saturday arrested Andrew VanZandt, 46, of Marlborough, MA after initially being pulled over for a traffic infraction.
Police say they stopped VanZandt on I-88 in the town of Schoharie Saturday afternoon. During the stop, the Trooper reportedly found that VanZandt was impaired at the time and in possession of LSD and Ketamine.
VanZandt also gave Troopers a false identity along with the Michigan Driver’s license of the person he was trying to impersonate, police say.
VanZandt was charged with the following:
- Two counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 4th degree (C felony)
- Criminal Impersonation 2nd degree (A misdemeanor)
- Divining while Ability Impaired by Drugs (A misdemeanor)
VanZandt was taken into custody without incident and later arraigned in Schoharie town court. He is due back in court at a later date for further court proceedings.
More from NEWS10:
- 10/23/2021: Fall feel this weekend, rain for the work week
- La Salle saves season with dramatic comeback win over Amsterdam
- Niskayuna blanks Saratoga to advance to Class AA semi-finals
- Siena women hold media day as they prep for November 6 exhibition
- Averill Park rolls Albany to set up three way tie in Class A