SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) — The state department of public health reported just over 1,800 cases of COVID-19 on Sunday. Though it’s a slight decline from the prior two days, it’s still the fifth-straight day of at least 1,600 cases.
At Baystate Medical Center, they have 30 patients hospitalized with COVID-19. Across the Baystate Health Network are 35 patients, the most they’ve had hospitalized for the virus in months.
Of the other five cases, two are at Wing hospital, two are at Noble, and one is at Franklin Medical Center.
Of the more than 1,600 news cases, 199 are in western Massachusetts. Twenty more people died from the virus Sunday, including two in western Massachusetts. The state total for COVID-19 related deaths is 10,149.
Overall, hospitalizations continue to increase with 568 people receiving treatment Monday morning. Of those numbers, 144 are in the ICU.
- UPS limits deliveries for some of country’s biggest retailers due to demand, reports say
- Joe Biden to keep Dr. Fauci on staff, call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- 102-year-old New York woman born during Spanish Flu pandemic beats COVID-19 twice
- Additional COVID-19 cases confirmed in Shenendehowa CSD
- Hoosick Falls HS student tests positive for coronavirus