BOSTON (WWLP) – State public health officials reported 61 newly confirmed deaths and 1,803 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts.
Total COVID-19 Cases by Age Group:
- 0-19 years: 6,468
- 20-29 years: 5,433
- 30-39 years: 4,374
- 40-49 years: 3,675
- 50-59 years: 4,030
- 60-69 years: 2,809
- 70-79 years: 1,517
- 80+ years: 954
According to the Department of Public Health, 100,002 new tests were performed with an overall of 15,240,866 molecular tests administered. Of those, 4,793,086 tests were first time tests and 10,447,780 were repeat tests.
Antigen Tests: A total of 3,367 new individuals have tested positive with 530,569 total tests reported.
The current turn around time for a molecular test is 1.76 days. The 7-day average of percent positivity is 2.13%.
1,029 patients are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 with 271 patients that are in intensive care units and 173 patients intubated. The average age of patients currently hospitalized is 70-years-old.
As of Thursday, 85.0% of medical/surgical beds are occupied and 76% of ICU beds are occupied. There are currently 13 beds occupied through alternate medical sites.
In western Massachusetts, there are a total of 1,179 medical/surgical beds with 939 that are occupied. The ICU units have a total of 154 beds and 89 of them are occupied.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases:
- New Cases: 1,803
- Total Cases: 534,827
- Estimated Active Cases: 38,666
- New Deaths: 61
- Total Deaths: 15,373
Probable COVID-19 Cases
- New Cases: 237
- Total Cases: 29,149
- New Deaths: 2
- Total Deaths: 313
- New Confirmed Cases: 7
- Total Confirmed Cases: 4,769
- New Deaths: 2
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 246
- New Confirmed Cases: 135
- Total Confirmed Cases: 40,265
- New Deaths: 6
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 1,292
- New Confirmed Cases: 48
- Total Confirmed Cases: 6,939
- New Deaths: 1
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 253
- New Confirmed Cases: 4
- Total Confirmed Cases: 1,927
- New Deaths: 0
- Total Confirmed and Probable Deaths: 99
There are 647 new cases in the last week with a total of 11,442 confirmed COVID-19 cases in higher education institutions. In the last week there were 251,219 new tests reported with a total of 4,545,474 tests performed.
COVID-19 Cases in Long-Term Care Facilities:
- Residents/Healthcare workers with probable or confirmed COVID-19: 34,513
- Facilities reporting at least one probable or confirmed case of COVID-19: 424
- Probable or confirmed COVID-19 deaths: 8,436