BOSTON (AP) — Members of an environmental activist group hung a banner that read “CLIMATE CHANGE NOW” on the iconic Citgo sign near Boston’s Fenway Park in Kenmore Square, leading to eight arrests.
The group unfurled the banner Monday evening as the Red Sox began their game against the Tampa Bay Rays at Fenway.
A spokesman for Extinction Rebellion Boston told the Boston Globe that it was hoping to bring attention to environmental issues.
Police said the eight people were taken into custody and charged with trespassing and disturbing the peace. Two others were summoned to court for the same charges.
- Shell Strong: Matt & Jacob Shell share cancer journeys
- NYT: Third woman accuses Gov. Cuomo of inappropriate behavior
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- Reese’s unveils peanut butter cups – without the best ingredient!
- Senate confirms Miguel Cardona as Biden’s education secretary