SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) — The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. for all of western Massachusetts.
A Red Flag Warning means dry conditions and breezy conditions could lead to a quick spread of any brush fires that start. Make sure you dispose of smoking materials properly and use extreme caution with any open flame or flammable material.
Today’s breeze will continue through tonight and tomorrow. The increase in wind is due to Hurricane Teddy passing to our east and an area of high pressure to our west. As we are in the middle the difference in pressure is causing a northerly wind that may gust up to 25 miles per hour.
- Girl Scouts discuss the importance of voting
- How baseball hall of fame plans to tell the stories of 2020 season
- NYPL could become summer showcase league under MLB proposal
- Rensselaer Park Elementary may reopen
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes