ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – On Monday, October 18, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Albany will hold a a mass food distribution at Metropolitan Church on 105 Second Street in Albany.
The distribution or “drive-thru pantry” is a part of the organization’s mobile outreach initiative, CC MOVE, and is an effort to provide supplemental and emergency food in areas with limited access to services.
This distribution is open to the public and no pre-registration is required.
There will be two lines: a drive-through line and a walk-in line. Due to traffic, guests should not arrive before the 9:30 a.m. start time.
Food items provided by the Regional Food Bank will be packaged by volunteers from partnering organizations and distribution will begin at 9:30 a.m.
Interested volunteers are asked to arrive at 8:15 a.m.,
Catholic Charities has four additional drive-thru pantries scheduled for the month of October:
- 10/21 – Macedonia Church, 26 Wilson Avenue, Albany at 9:30
- 10/25 – 833 Broadway, Albany at 9:30
- 10/28 – Italian Community Club, 1450 5th Avenue, Troy at 9:30
- 10/29 – 230 Green Street, Albany at 9:30
- Montgomery County providing warming stations during winter months
- White guilty on all counts in Troy quadruple homicide
- Warren County COVID update for Dec. 8
- SUNY Corning, Alfred University finalize Fine Arts degree transfer plan
- Greene County man pleads guilty to defrauding IRS, evading taxes on $500K in unreported income