COHOES, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Albany County District Attorney David Soares announced Friday that Anthony Ojeda, 39, of Cohoes, pleaded guilty to manslaughter for the death of a 6-week-old. The child had ingested methamphetamine.
Medical care was not sought for the child while the child was exhibiting obvious distress, including but not limited to vomiting, discoloration to his body, eyes rolling in the back of his head, and lethargy, according to Soares.
Emergency medical services were eventually called and 6-week-old Eli Ojeda-Harmon was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Ojeda faces three to nine years in State Prison when sentenced on March 16, 2021.
- Vermonters 75 and older can now sign up for COVID vaccine; shots to begin Wednesday
- Vermont teacher starts petition for early vaccination, gathers thousands of signatures
- Appeal of Steven Bourgoin murder case goes to Vermont Supreme Court
- New Hampshire State Police end ban on hiring people with arm tattoos
- Georgia teen fined $220 for role in deadly Vermont crash