UPDATE* State police have released the identities of the the two people involved in the crash as Brandon Zaremski, 35, of Colonie and Mary Going, 63, of Albany.
Police said a preliminary investigation found that a 2007 Audi, driven by Zaremski, was headed eastbound when it rear ended a 2020 Hyundai driven by Going.
During the investigation, the right lane and shoulder of I-90 remained closed for about three hours until the scene was cleared.
AMSTERDAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A 35-year-old man has died following a two vehicle collision on the New York State Thruway. The crash occurred at around 2:30 p.m. on Friday, between exits 27 and 26, close to the Town of Florida.
New York State Police said the two vehicles struck each other and the second vehicle, which was traveling eastbound, spun out, left the roadway and struck a tree. The driver, a 35-year-old Colonie resident, was pronounced deceased.
The driver of the other vehicle was uninjured and neither vehicle was carrying passengers at the time of the crash.
- Schenectady city council members make amendments to proposed 2021 budget
- Who is Kristen Welker? Meet the moderator of the final US presidential debate
- NY Blitz Digital Huddle: Week 7
- Albany Med study could help predict COVID-19 severity
- Player Profile: Dalvin Tomlinson