SCOTIA, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Scotia Police have arrested a man in connection with a number of burglaries that occurred in the village on October 28. Robert F Galante Jr was arrested in a Schenectady motel room on Friday.
Galante, who is a Scotia resident, has been charged with two counts of second degree burglary and one count of trespassing.
Police say a combination of surveillance, hard work and a joint effort from the community allowed them to quickly identify the suspect.
The Glenville Police Department, Schenectady Police Department, New York State Police, The Schenectady County DA’s office also assisted with the investigation.
Galante is currently in Schenectady County Jail awaiting arraignment.
- 9 more coronavirus cases confirmed in Albany city schools
- Pay-as-your-throw program removed from Troy budget
- Owl found in Rockefeller Center tree released into the wild
- St. Peter’s Health Partners enforcing no visitor policy
- As Syracuse moves forward with winter sports, John Wildhack says “Everything that we do, we do in consultation with the Onondaga Department of Health”