ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A 55-year-old registered sex offender has been arrested after a sexual assault in a Hudson Avenue residence. Police say Carl Barton displayed a knife, threatened to harm the female victim, and proceeded to sexually assault her in the early hours of November 29.
Barton, who is an Albany Resident, was arrested on Thursday following an investigation by detectives from the Albany Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Unit. Police say Barton and the victim are known to each other.
Barton is facing the following charges:
- First degree rape
- First degree sexual abuse
- Predatory sexual assault
He was arraigned on Friday morning and remanded to the Albany County Jail.
- Gender reveal party explosion rattles several New Hampshire towns
- Why car prices are skyrocketing – and may not fall for a while
- Crew-2 launch: When and how to watch NASA, SpaceX send crewed mission to ISS Friday
- ‘I just want to know why:’ Long Island woman speaks out after horrific acid attack
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill