MOORESVILLE, N.C. (NEXSTAR) — While hospitals nationwide face shortages of essential items during the coronavirus pandemic, Lowe’s is stepping in to help. The company is donating $10 million in essential protective products for medical professionals.
It’s part of a $25 million initiative to help support the company’s workers, customers, and surrounding communities as the pandemic takes hold.
Lowe’s stores will also work under adjusted hours starting Monday. The adjustments give workers more time to restock and sanitize stores:
Some of the money will also go to the Employee Relief Fund to help workers in times of disaster and crisis.
- Albany County coronavirus update
- 8/15/2020: Incredible start to the weekend! Then, rain & cooler temps
- SpaceX delays next astronaut launch
- This NC woman turns 116 today and is the oldest person in the U.S.
- Fire breaks out overnight affecting two homes in Watervliet