HARVEY, LA – Thirteen-year-old Zaila Avant-Garde beat out 88 other kids from around the country in Kaplan’s first virtual spelling bee.
Zaila won with the correct spelling of the word “qashqai.”
She went through 31 rounds of spelling before taking the win, which came with a grand-prize of $10,000.
Zaila has already been featured in the Guinness Book of World Records, for bounce-juggling.
- Social Dilemma: Is it considered cheap to use a gift card you received to buy a gift for someone else?
- Dentists advise against participating in TikTok teeth filing challenge
- US census to end October 5, despite court order
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Floridians react to the lifting of state coronavirus restrictions