(WGMB) — Louisiana will postpone next month’s presidential primary due to coronavirus concerns, Louisiana Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin announced.
The primary, scheduled for April 4, will now take place on June 20.
Ardoin said the action was taken out of an abundance of caution for voters, officials and all of the residents of the state.
“The threat we face from the COVID-19 virus is an unprecedented threat and unlike any we have faced,” he said.
Ardoin also announced the May 9 Municipal General Election has been moved to July 25.
- Bills WR Cole Beasley on Josh Allen: “You’re gonna run through a wall for him”
- Mourners pay their respects to 11-year-old Ayshawn Davis
- Josh and Thad break down the Bills wild, comeback win over the Rams
- Federal judge postpones Trump ban on popular app TikTok
- Bills QB Josh Allen leads another fourth quarter comeback to beat Rams in week three